Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tony Danza Show
Make and share this Mama Bellas Tomato Gravy and Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 4 slices white bread
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated locatelli cheese or 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped fine
- 3 (35 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes (I use Tuttaruso in the blue can)
- 1 (35 ounce) can tomato puree (I use Tuttaruso in the blue can)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- MEATBALL DIRECTIONS.
- In food processor chop onions, garlic, parsley. Soak bread in milk, then put in food processor with eggs and cheese. Add this mixture to ground beef with salt and pepper. Add bread crumbs to make soft firm ball. Roll meatballs, place on baking sheet and bake in 350 degree oven 30-40 minutes. Put in gravy and simmer for 1-2 hours.
- TOMATO GRAVY DIRECTIONS:.
- Sautee' onions and garlic until soft. Add remaining ingredients, stir and simmer 1 hour. Add meatballs and simmer another hour.