Recipe by Mareesme
This cake starts with a box mix and packaged pudding and is jazzed up with coconut rum. This recipe was developed by Chef Sandra Lee. (I have also made this with instant coconut pudding mix.)
- nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packageclassic yellow cake mix
- 1 cup Malibu rum
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix, mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup Malibu rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Cake Preparation:.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 325 degrees F. Spray a 10-inch (12-cup) bundt pan with nonstick spray.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cake mix, rum, vegetable oil, pudding mix, and eggs in a large bowl for 2 minutes. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool cake in pan for 20 minutes. Invert cake onto platter, then carefully remove pan. Allow cake to cool completely.
- Rum Glaze Preparation:.
- Meanwhile, stir sugar and water in a heavy medium saucepan over medium high heat until sugar dissolves. Add butter. Simmer until mixture thickens and is syrupy, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and whisk in rum. Cool glaze completely. Drizzle glaze evenly over cooled cake and serve.