Cream of Coconut Cake With Chocolate-Coconut Glaze
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream of coconut, such as Coco Lopez
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan and dust with flour.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and cream with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice as necessary.
- With the mixer on medium-low speed, add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. Stir in the vanilla and coconut extract (if you are adding it).
- Turn the mixer to low speed and add half of the flour mixture. Stir in 1/2 the cream of coconut. Stir in the remaining flour mixture until just combined.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Bake until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan for about 10 minutes; invert it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make the glaze: Whisk together the remaining cream of coconut and cocoa until smooth. Place the cake, still on the rack, on a rimmed baking sheet. Pour the glaze over the cake, letting it drip down the sides.
- Store uneaten cake in a cake keeper or wrap in plastic and store at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to cook, but hate to measure ... so I pretty much guess at everything :) </p> 114807933"