Coconut Bundt Cake With Powdered-Sugar Glaze
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temp
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsweetened coconut milk, divided
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- sweetened flaked coconut (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a 12 cup bundt pan.
- Sift flour and salt together.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Add extracts and the eggs one at a time until well mixed.
- Mix flour mixture into the batter alternatively with one cup of the coconut milk.
- Fold in two cups of flaked coconut.
- Transfer batter to the prepared bundt pan and bake until top is golden brown (about 1 hour and ten minutes).
- Cool in cake pan for about five minutes then invert onto cooling rack.
- Whisk powdered sugar and remaining 1/4 cup of coconut milk.
- Spoon glaze over cake and sprinkle with additional coconut.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
My son loves this cake! I expected a much more pronounced coconut flavor with using both the extract and coconut milk. The texture reminds me very much of a pound cake but that could be due to having to substitute corn starch and all purpose flour for the cake flour since I didn't have any on hand. In any case I can't wait till the strawberries are looking better as this cake is just screaming for some fresh sliced berries and whipped cream. (13)