Layers of freshly seared tuna and nicoise salad deliver big, bold flavours in this sensational make-ahead baguette. Time does not include overnight chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the marinade
For the baguette filling
- 2 ounces green beans, blanched
- 3 eggs, boiled for 6 minutes
- extra virgin olive oil
- 7 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and sliced thickly
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon French dressing
- 2 ounces chives
- 2 ounces black olives, pitted
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed
- 1Mix the fennel seeds, salt and lime zest together. Cut the tuna into thin fillets and rub the marinade all over the fillets. Cover and place in the refrigerator until required.
- 2Smear a large frying pan with the vegetable oil and place over a high heat until the pan is smoking. Add the tuna fillets to the hot pan one at a time, and cook briefly, until all the sides are sealed and blackened. Once this is done, place the fillets on a tray and refrigerate.
- 3Assemble the baguette. Layer all the filling ingredients and seared tuna slices into the baguette, seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper and drizzling with a little of the French dressing as you go. Replace the top and wrap the baguette tightly with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator overnight with a weight on top if possible.
- 4Cut into thick slices and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make Ahead Tuna Salad Niçoise Baguette
Serving Size: 1 (1249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2387.1
- Calories from Fat 561
- Total Fat 62.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 745.0 mg
- Sodium 6786.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 318.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 45.7 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 144.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of