Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you are in need of a gluten free breakfast to enjoy this fall, here you go. Quinoa makes for a fantastic breakfast...as it is packed with protein and doesn't leave you wanting more, like a bowl of cereal can. Mix in some pumpkin and fall spices and you've got the perfect warm meal for a crisp cool morning. Also, this is a great way to use just part of a can of pumpkin. Hope y'all enjoy this new fall breakfast as much as I do!
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar or 1⁄4 cup other artificial sweetener
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Rinse the quinoa in a colander to help remove the bitter taste.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to boiling, then add the rinsed quinoa. Return to boiling, then reduce heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, fluff with fork and add the canned pumpkin, brown sugar (or other sweetener, added to taste), and the spices. If you don't have the pumpkin pie spice on hand, adding 2 teaspoons cinnamon plus 1 teaspoon of ginger will work too.
- Serve Pumpkin Breakfast Quinoa with a piece of fruit.
- To prepare as "make ahead." divide into small plastic containers and refrigerate up to 5 days.