Delicious Baked Cranberry & Apple Breakfast
Healthy, gluten free and doesn't take long either. Modified out of Recipe #3806. I serve this with plain yogurt on top.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup granny smith apple, washed, pared and chopped
- 1 cup frozen fresh cranberries, chopped if wished (I leave mine whole)
- 1 teaspoon organic grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup minus 2 tbs dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons a little oil
- plain yogurt (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients except yogurt and through into a small baking dish.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Serve warm or room temperature with plain yogurt on top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Outstanding! I am devouring this as I type as a topping to my oatmeal. I halved the recipe since I'm the only one here eating right now and it worked perfectly. The only slight little change was I added some ground cinnamon in there too as I was making cinnamon oatmeal. I also left the peel on the apples for some extra fiber. So delicious and makes such a nice change to my breakfast routine. I'll definitely be making this often! Tagged in Potluck Tag game!