Recipe by clw721
I made this recipe last year for Thanksgiving. It's very good and saves a lot of time. You may have to lengthen your crock pot cooking time.
Top Review by cavedweller
Worked like a charm. I omitted the chives and made it a day ahead by not putting it in the oven but just reheating it in the crockpot on low for about 2 hours. Stir it about half way through. It was nice to have the mashed potatoes done ahead of time.
- 8 medium potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup chives, chopped
- salt and pepper
- additional butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil peeled potatoes until tender.
- Beat sour cream and cream cheese together.
- Add hot potatoes and beat until smooth.
- Add butter, chives, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in greased two quart casserole.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle paprika on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Serves 8-10.
- NOTE****this recipe can be made the day before dinner and refrigerated in crock pot.
- Then, on the serving day, just turn on crock pot at low setting and cook potatoes for about 2-3 hours, to be ready when the rest of the dinner is ready.
- You may add more butter, cream cheese or sour cream depending upon the consistency you prefer.