1 hr 15 mins
A variation on Cindy Scheck's Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes for Crock Pot, Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes for Crock Pot, adjusted to feed my large family at holiday gatherings. These are super easy and very good. It looks like a lot of directions, but it's really not - that's just me being loquacious and sleep-deprived. Cooking time is a rough estimate - I wasn't really paying attention. Don't look at the calories!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter and cream cheese should be allowed to soften at room temperature for ease of use. Leaving them on the counter while you peel the potatoes should be sufficient.
- 2Peel potatoes, rinse, and cut into large chunks. Place in a large stockpot and fill with enough water to cover the potatoes and boil till tender.
- 3While potatoes boil, blend 1 1/3 cup butter with the cream cheese. (This is best done in a stand mixer.) Add sour cream and mix well. Set aside.
- 4Chop green onions, and refrigerate in a ziplock bag till serving time.
- 5Drain cooked potatoes and mash or whip to your liking (I like them super smooth, but some people prefer them lumpy.).
- 6Add the dairy blend to the potatoes and mix well. You can either do this in your stock pot, or divide it up into more manageable portions.
- 7Once it's all mixed, load it into your crockpot and whack it into the fridge.
- 8On serving day, dot the top of the potatoes with the remaining butter. Put the crockpot on low setting for 2-3 hours or until heated thru, then turn down to 'keep warm' setting (if your crockpot has one) till dinner time.
- 9Can be served directly from the crockpot for buffet, or divvied up into serving dishes for family style dining.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes for a Crowd
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.9
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 92.7 mg
- Sodium 281.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: