1/6 Photos of Make Ahead Garlic Mashed Potatoes
1 hr 15 mins
Kate in Ontario's Note:
This is a wonderful recipe I found in a Betty Crocker magazine. It is a great comfort food with the added make ahead benefit. It is great with any roast or poultry dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes and garlic in medium saucepan with enough (salted if desired) water to cover.
- 2Cover and heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer until tender (about 20 minutes).
- 3Drain and shake potatoes to dry over low heat.
- 4Mash potatoes and garlic in pan until lump free (my personal preference is to use a potato ricer).
- 5Heat rest of ingredients stirring over low heat until butter melts.
- 6Reserve 1/4 C of mixture.
- 7Add rest of milk mix in small amounts stirring after each addition until light and fluffy (amount needed depends on type of potato used).
- 8Grease a 2 quart casserole and spoon in potatoes.
- 9Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- 10Heat oven to 350.
- 11Pour reserved milk mixture over potatoes and bake uncovered 40-45 minutes or until hot.
- 12Stir before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make Ahead Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.1
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 54.0 mg
- Sodium 128.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt & pepper