Wrapped in coloured Saran Wrap, these make great holiday gifts! Plan ahead these need to chill for a minimum of 8 hours before serving, or they can be made and frozen up to 1 month in advance, Add in one finely chopped green onion also if desired, the pimento is optional but good to add in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package old cheddar cheese, shredded (use Cracker Barrel extra-sharp cheese if possible for this)
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce or cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pimientos (to taste) (optional)
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts (can use more if desired) or 2 cups pecans (can use more if desired)
- 1/4-1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1In a bowl mix together the first 7 ingredients until well blended.
- 2Divide the mixture in half and shape into logs.
- 3In a bowl mix together the nuts with the chopped parsley, then divide mixture evenly in half.
- 4Roll each log into the nut/parsley mixture (can use more than 1 cup nuts if desired).
- 5Cover with plastic wrap and chill for a minimum of 8-24 hours.
- 6To freeze; chill the logs for 8-24 hours, then place in the freezer to freeze until firm, remove then wrap in plastic wrap then tightly in foil, place back into the freezer for up to 1 month.
- 7Defrost overnight in fridge before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make-Ahead Cheese Logs
Serving Size: 1 (1022 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2160.1
- Calories from Fat 1773
- Total Fat 197.0 g
- Saturated Fat 80.8 g
- Cholesterol 376.0 mg
- Sodium 1895.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 88.2 g