1/14 Photos of Make-Ahead Bisquick Sausage Ball Appetizers
These are so delicious, I have even made this with pork breakfast sausage meat, do not precook the sausage meat for this as the meat will cook when baked --- make a double batch of these and freeze them, they won't last long! You can also add in a couple teaspoons minced yellow onions or a green onion very finely chopped if desired --- *note* this recipe was developed using original Bisquick baking mix, I cannot promise the same results using a clone mix for this.
My Private Note
dozen ( ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups Bisquick baking mix (measured out to exactly 3 cups)
- 1 1/2 lbs uncooked Italian sausage (casings removed)
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic (about 1 large clove, can use more)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cups finely shredded old cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream or 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pinch dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional or to taste, or can use Tabasco sauce)
- seasoning salt (optional, can use white salt)
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Line a large baking sheet with foil, then spray lightly with cooking spray.
- 3In a large bowl mix the Bisquick baking mix with uncooked sausage meat, parsley, garlic shredded cheese, Parmesan cheese, half and half (or milk) pinch dried rosemary and black pepper.
- 4Using clean hands mix until well combined.
- 5Season with cayenne and salt (if using).
- 6Shape into about 1-inch balls and place onto the baking sheet.
- 7At this point you can freeze them on a tray then place into ziploc bags to bake later.
- 8Bake for about 20 minutes or until browned.
- 9remove from pan and place on a serving platter with a toothpick inserted.
- 10Serve warm with dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make-Ahead Bisquick Sausage Ball Appetizers
Serving Size: 1 (1772 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 928.0
- Calories from Fat 576
- Total Fat 64.0 g
- Saturated Fat 29.9 g
- Cholesterol 148.4 mg
- Sodium 2314.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 45.0 g