Recipe by Kzim4
As the title suggests, this recipe comes from the Make-A-Mix cookbook. Cookie mix can be used to make Make-A-Mix Tropic Macaroons, Make-A-Mix Snickerdoodles, Make-A-Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies, Make-A-Mix Banana Coconut Delights, and Make-A-Mix Peanut Butter Cookies (recipes posted separately).
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups vegetable shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except shortening. Blend well.
- Cut in shortening with a pastry blender or a heavy-duty mixer until mixture resembles cornmeal in texture.
- Place mix into large ziplock bag. Label with date and contents.
- Store in a cool, dry location. Use within 10-12 weeks.