Italian Pignoli Cookies (Cookie Mix)
Source: Betty Crocker "Bring a delicious and sweet part of Italy into your home with a classic almond cookie rolled in pine nuts."
- Ready In:
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) package betty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (7 -8 ounce) package almond paste (not marzipan)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups pine nuts (8 oz)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat cookie mix, granulated sugar, butter, almond paste and egg with electric mixer on low speed until soft dough forms.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls; roll each ball in pine nuts, pressing to coat.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 13 to 17 minutes or just until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.
- Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These are very good and the almond paste keeps them nice and chewy. I only rolled one cookie in pine nuts for the photo op. The rest of the batch I left plain. These cookies are super easy to make too. I mixed them with a fork in the beginning and then used my hands as I don't have a heavy duty mixer. Made for Make My Recipe Reunion in the Australian New Zealand forum.Reply
OMG!!! I have been looking for this taste in cookies for years unsuccessfully til now. I'm enjoying my efforts with a cold glass of almond milk while typing this.. yummmmm. Oh I forgot to mention I didn't have any Pine Nuts so I chopped up some almonds and it worked great. Thank you so much I am one happy cookie monster on almond overload. :-)Reply
see 1 more