Makes for a beautiful (and healthy) presentation served on a platter...family-style. Recipe from "For Cod & Country" by Chef Barton Seaver who is a sustainable seafood advocate. Now a few words from Chef Barton: "I often pair the acidic bite of feta cheese with fish. In this recipe the cheese is mellowed out a bit by sweet butter and the meaty taste of the sprouts. This butter would also go great with shrimp and salmon."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- 2For the brussels sprouts, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over high heat in a large saute pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the brussels sprouts and toss to combine. Continue to cook over high heat until the sprouts begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the water and season generously with salt. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium.
- 3Gently sear the mahi mahi fillets, skin side down, in a small, dry ovenproof saute pan over medium heat until they just begin to color, about 5 minutes. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the fish is an even color throughout, about 8 minutes.
- 4For the flavored butter, mix the feta cheese with the remaining 4 tablespoons butter and the parsley. Mash with a fork to combine, breaking up the feta as much as possible. Set aside.
- 5When the mahi mahi is done, uncover the sprouts and turn the heat up to high. When the liquid remaining in the pan has reduced enough to just barely coat the sprouts, remove from the heat and toss with freshly ground black pepper.
- 6Arrange the fillets and brussels sprouts on a platter and put a dollop of the feta butter on each of the mahi mahi fillets. Serve family style.
Browse Our Top Mahi Mahi Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mahi Mahi Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mahi Mahi With Braised Brussels Sprouts
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.7
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 157.5 mg
- Sodium 420.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 32.3 g