Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is absolutely delicious on a cold winter day & one of my favourite soups! (Sometimes I add some baby spinach leaves during the last 5 minutes).I'm enjoying a mug-full as I type this.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 leek, trimmed,washed & thinly sliced
- 3 cups beef broth or 3 cups beef stock
- 3 cups chicken broth or 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (19 ounce) can diced tomatoes, & juice
- 1 zucchini, peeled & diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup dried spaghetti, broken into pieces
- parmesan cheese
- Heat butter & oil in a large heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add next 5 ingredients & saute for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broths, seasonings, tomatoes & zucchini and simmer on low, stirring occasionally, for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Add beans & spaghetti and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Garnish each serving with a shaving of fresh Parmesan.
I love Minestrone soup alot ever since I had it for the first time at the Olive Garden restaurant in Orlando. I have been desperately wanting to have the recipe. Thank you so much for posting this! I made this for dinner tonight using Maggi vegetable broth with onions as a substitute for the chicken and beef broth. Also, I used Pure Wesson Canola oil as a substitute for the olive oil and I used ghee as a substitute for butter. I had to omit the zucchini and leek since I did not have those on hand and I'm not a big fan of them either. This soup was very nice and made me warm. Thank you for sharing the incredibly good recipe on Zaar!
This was a wonderful recipe. I added some italian seasoning and it was perfect. I served it with fresh italian bread.
Delicious. I used a pound of bottom round, but into bite size pieces and simmered covered for one hour before adding 1/2 cup Ditini pasta. DELICIOUS and easy! Thanks for the recipe