1/1 Photo of Maggie's Minestrone Soup
1 hr 15 mins
This is absolutely delicious on a cold winter day & one of my favourite soups! (Sometimes I add some baby spinach leaves during the last 5 minutes).I'm enjoying a mug-full as I type this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 leek, trimmed,washed & thinly sliced
- 3 cups beef broth or 3 cups beef stock
- 3 cups chicken broth or 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (19 ounce) can diced tomatoes, & juice
- 1 zucchini, peeled & diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup dried spaghetti, broken into pieces
- parmesan cheese
- 1Heat butter & oil in a large heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- 2Add next 5 ingredients & saute for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add broths, seasonings, tomatoes & zucchini and simmer on low, stirring occasionally, for 30 to 35 minutes.
- 4Add beans & spaghetti and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- 5Garnish each serving with a shaving of fresh Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maggie's Minestrone Soup
Serving Size: 1 (524 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.2
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 1156.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 15.2 g