Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is adapted from Maggiano's Little Italy House Salad. I made some changes in my review and wanted to save them completely on here. My husband and I go to Maggiano's often and can't get enough of this salad. I make this at home all the time... sometimes as a meal in itself or a salad wrap, or salad in a pita. This salad is soooo sooooo good! I hope you enjoy it too! Updated: I halved the dressing because the original makes much more than you need.
- 1182.95 ml romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1182.95 ml iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 113.39 g gorgonzola, crumbled
- 113.39 g prosciutto, finely chopped
- 7.39 ml Dijon mustard
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml water
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 59.14 ml red wine vinegar
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- fresh ground pepper
- In a skillet, cook prosciutto until it turns dark.
- Let it cool, and chop it up.
- Add all salad ingredients in large salad bowl.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- You won't need all the dressing, but it will store in air-tight container in the fridge for about a week.
- Toss dressing over salad just enough to coat all lettuce.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Yummo! I have not had Maggiano's House Salad, but this is a winner! Instead of frying the proscuitto I made "Recipe #239502" and it turned out fabulous! This is now a rival for my favorite salad "Recipe #158283" They are running neck in neck! Thanks for posting! In subsequent preparations of the dressing I have added 1/2 cup of either grated or shredded parmesan. It is a nice touch!