Recipe by SlipC
These are a traditional South American side dish. I serve them alongside a plate full of rice, meat, and boiled salt potatoes. They add a nice sweetness to the meal.
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat approximately 1/4" oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Peel the plantain, and cut at an angle, making slices about 3/4" thick.
- Brown plantain in oil, approximately 2 minutes a side, or until both sides are brown.
- When browned, remove from skillet and place on a paper towel covered plate to drain the excess oil off.
- Serve hot.
- The traditional way is to serve plain, but I like to sprinkle them with a little bit of salt for a nice, salty sweet taste.