1/1 Photo of Mad Dog’s Southwestern Shrimp Bisque
R. Warren Meddoff's Note:
An extremely easy soup with a kick! An elegant Southwestern bisque that satisfies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp (peeled, deveined, and cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 serrano chilies (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (preferably New Mexican)
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin (ground)
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1In a large pot melt butter over medium heat and add onion, celery, chilies and garlic, cooking until onions are translucent.
- 2Sprinkle flour over vegetables and combine.
- 3Add chicken broth, cumin and chili powder. Bring to a simmer.
- 4Add half-and-half while continuously stirring bringing soup back to a simmer.
- 5Add shrimp and continue to cook until shrimp is cooked through (about four minutes).
- 6Serve immediately, garnishing each bowl with chopped cilantro.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mad Dog’s Southwestern Shrimp Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (504 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 587.4
- Calories from Fat 364
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 23.8 g
- Cholesterol 344.7 mg
- Sodium 1931.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 35.3 g