Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Rose petal recipe.
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages mache or 1 (6 ounce) packagespring mixed salad greens
- 2 cups halved strawberries or 2 cups quartered strawberries
- 1 cup sliced fresh kumquats or 1 (9 1/2 ounce) jar kumquats, drained, rinsed and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 24 crystallized rose petals (recipe follows)
ROSE POPPY SEED VINAIGRETTE
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
CRYSTALLIZED ROSE PETALS
- 24 pesticide-free rose petals
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon meringue powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- granulated sugar or superfine sugar
- FOR THE ROSE POPPY SEED VINAIGRETTE:.
- Mix all ingredients in medium bowl with a wire whisk until well blended.
- Divide the salad ingredients evenly among 8 salad plates. Drizzle vinaigrette over each salad. Garnish with Crystallized Rose Petals.
- CRYSTALLIZED ROSE PETALS:.
- Rinse 24 unbruised, pesticide-free rose petals. Let air dry completely on paper towels. Beat sifted confectioners' sugar, meringue powder and water in medium bowl with electric mixer on low speed until mixed. Beat on high speed 4 to 5 minutes or until fluffy. Using tweezers to hold rose petals, brush a thin layer of meringue mixture on both sides of each rose petal with a small, soft paintbrush. Sprinkle both sides with granulated or superfine sugar. Let stand on wire racks for 24 hours. Store Crystallized Rose Petals in airtight container between layers of waxed paper.