Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
This came out of a magazine and it really is one of the best recipes I found. Yummy! 8)
- 78.07 ml butter or 78.07 ml margarine, softened
- 85.04 g cream cheese, softened
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 9.85 ml almond extract
- 9.85 ml orange juice
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1182.95 ml sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- 283.49 g bag Hershey chocolate kisses
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Blend well, then add egg yolk, almond extract and orange juice; beat mixture well.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add to the butter mixture and beat until well blended.
- Stir in 3 cups of the coconut; cover mixture and chill for 1 hour, or until firm to handle.
- Unwrap the kisses while chilling and heat oven to 350°.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls; roll them in remaining coconut.
- Place them on a ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and quickly press a kiss into each center.
- Let cool 1 minute, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
I was thrilled to find this recipe. I wanted to make them for Christmas, but I hadn't made them in so many years, I had long lost the recipe. I was so excited to find it here. The cookies are wonderful. I use milk instead of the orange juice and I'm going to use dark chocolate kisses then press a roasted almond on top while still warm. Yum.
I found this recipe years ago too and love it!! This is one of my standard go-to Christmas cookie recipes. So good! I also make a batch without the kisses too.
This is one of my favorite cookies ever....and I usually do not like to eat coconut. This was a melt-in-your mouth tastey treat!