Coconut Macaroon Cookie Recipe
photo by Fairy Nuff
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons cake flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 extra large egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 cups flaked coconut, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment or brown paper. Line cooling racks with damp towels.
- Mix the flour and salt together and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high until soft peaks begin to form, about 3 minutes. While the mixer is still running, gradually add the sugar,a tablespoon at a time, and continue beating until the mixture stands up in stiff glossy peaks, about 5 minutes of beating in all.
- Lower the speed of the mixer to low and blend in the flour mixture and the vanilla, almond, and coconut extracts. Do not overmix the batter.
- Using a rubber spatula fold in the coconut.
- Drop the batter by heaping Tablespoons onto the lined baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies just until they are golden and set, about 15 minutes.
- Slide the paper liners, still with the macaroons attached to them, to the lined cooling racks. Let cookies cool completely, then carefully peel away the paper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were great - though I'm not sure I cooked mine for long enought. They came out of the oven all puffed up and lovely but as soon as they hit the cold air they shrivelled quite a bit. The shrivelling didn't affect the taste and I'll make them again but cook for a while longer and maybe let them cool in the oven.