Recipe by katrinepa2
Delicious and creamy Mac Salad, which my son in law , and other friends tell me is yummy! I am one of those cooks who often uses my own judgement as to how much of whatever to add to a recipe, but also like to have specific directions when making anything new myself. I hope this turns out well for you
Top Review by whtbxrmom
Needed to defrost the fridge so this looked like a great recipe to use up all the little odds and ends. I used bow tie pasta, 2 tsps dijon mustard and 1 packet chinese hot mustard, and everything else listed except the olives, red pepper and carrots. I would probably throw some red pepper next time but I didn't have any on hand. I have a feeling this is going to be our macaroni recipe from now on. Thanks!
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, boiled (Mullers is best, but all taste good)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet relish
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 dash salt & pepper
- sprinke Italian spices (Basil, Oregano, Garlic,Marjoram...)
- 1 dash apple cider vinegar
- sliced green olives, to taste
- some chopped red pepper, is good as well
- chopped sweet onion, is also wonderful
- 1 hard-boiled egg, if you wish, though I do not usually include this
Directions See How It's Made
- You want this to be colorful, and to taste yummy, so use your imagination, and creativity with the ingredients I have suggested. Mix the macaroni and mayonnaise together first, and then add the other ingredients as you see fit.
- Many friends and family have told me how yummy this is:).