Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
My family's fav macaroni salad. Don't leave out the tomatoes! They really are great in the salad.
- 2 cups dry elbow macaroni, cooked, rinsed, and drained
- 1⁄3 cup diced red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion, soaked in water for 5 minutes and drained
- 1 tablespoon minced flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 cup diced vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl combine the macaroni, red pepper, carrot, onion, parsley and tomato.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, sour cream and salt.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for several hours or over night.
What a yummy salad! I added extra onions as I had some sweet Vidalia onions. Also added chopped cucumbers. I think some Colby cheese cubes would be nice as well.
Nice salad added some pickles and chopped hard boiled eggs. Thanks for posting.
I doubled the recipe and used more carrots. I omitted the onion and parsley. I used splenda instead of sugar. And fat-free sour cream. It's delicious. Thanks FrVanilla. Made for PAC Spring 2009