Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A little allspice makes for a slightly different take on a standard salad. This is from "A Hundred Years of Island Cooking", and old cookbook from the Hawaiian Electric Company.
- 1⁄2 lb macaroni, uncooked
- 8 eggs, hard boiled
- 3 red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed and drained
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Separate egg yolk from egg whites. In a small bowl, mash yolks and chill. Chop egg whites; put into a large bowl with macaroni and potatoes. Stir in salt and vinegar; chill overnight.
- Add egg yolks and remaining ingredients; gently mix into macaroni mixture. Chill.
Photo Tag Game ~ We really like the flavor of this. As there is only two of us, I cut the recipe down. I now wish I would have made the whole recipe! I HAD leftovers, but DH decided to have a midnight snack and ate the rest of it! Guess I'll have to make some more :) Didn't have allspice (thought I did) so used mixed spice instead. Served this with burgers and baked beans. Thanks Chillicat!