Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
this is a full entree all by its self with the addition of the chicken all you need is a salad. good and gooey but not too hot
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 (12 ounce) bag macaroni
- 2 cups shredded cheese, I used sharp cheddar
- 2 cups cream or 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces jar. roasted red peppers
- white pepper
- 1 teaspoon Crystal hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, chipoltle sauce
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- boil macaroni, make bechamel sauce with the cream, flour pepper, butter, pepper,hot sauce and chipotle sauce.
- pour small amount bechamel sauce in the bottom of a 13x9inch pan. Sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese over the sauce. place half of the chicken in the pan. Then sprinkle onion powder over chicken along with half of the peppers then half of the macaroni, add salt and pepper to taste. pour half of the bechamel sauce over the macaroni, and repeat, ending with the last bit of cheese on top.
- Bake in 350 degree oven untill cheese is bubbly about 20 minute.