Recipe by Candace Michelle
This is a different take on regular mac and cheese. Yum Yum!
Top Review by Natural Health #263621
This was great. Not a cottage cheese person but I wanted to try something different and I'm glad I did. I loved it and my DH loved it as well. Will make it again for sure. Thanks
- 3⁄4 cup macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup creamy cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon melted butter substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup cracker crumb (I use reduced fat Club crackers)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the macaroni according to directions.
- Stir cottage cheese with milk until smooth.
- In a seperate bowl, beat the egg , then beat the oil into it.
- Add salt and garlic to the cheese mixture.
- Now mix this with the cooked and drained macaroni, pour it in a baking dish, sprinkle with crumbs, and bake at 350 till set, about 25 minutes.