1/1 Photo of Macaroni and Cheese (Betty Crocker)
Tee Angel's Note:
This recipe is from one of the first cookbooks given to me as a young child (back in the 70's). I have come across many recipes but keep coming back to his classic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven at 350°F.
- 2Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- 3For cheese sauce, in a saucepan melt butter. Cook onion in butter till tender but not brown.
- 4Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper.
- 5Add milk all at once; cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- 6Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes more.
- 7Add cubed cheese; stir till melted.
- 8Stir macaroni into cheese cause. Turn into a 1 1/2 quart casserole. Arrange tomato slices atop macaroni; sprinkle with a little salt. Bake in a 350°F oven 30 to 45 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Cheese (Betty Crocker)
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.6
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 26.6 mg
- Sodium 277.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: