1/1 Photo of Macaroni and Cheese (Betty Crocker)
Tee Angel's Note:
This recipe is from one of the first cookbooks given to me as a young child (back in the 70's). I have come across many recipes but keep coming back to his classic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven at 350°F.
- 2Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- 3For cheese sauce, in a saucepan melt butter. Cook onion in butter till tender but not brown.
- 4Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper.
- 5Add milk all at once; cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- 6Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes more.
- 7Add cubed cheese; stir till melted.
- 8Stir macaroni into cheese cause. Turn into a 1 1/2 quart casserole. Arrange tomato slices atop macaroni; sprinkle with a little salt. Bake in a 350°F oven 30 to 45 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Cheese (Betty Crocker)
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.6
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 26.6 mg
- Sodium 277.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: