Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is super quick, super simple and a real kid-pleaser. Being that these are ingredients that I practically always have on hand, this is my dinner-in-a-pinch recipe of choice!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup water
- 1 (26 1/2 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown meat and onion over medium-high heat in a skillet; drain. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Add spaghetti sauce and 1 cup water; bring to boil.
- Stir in macaroni. cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in cheese. Garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.
This was good, but I made quite a few adjustments, including adding garlic, tomato, and spices.
This was a basic quick meal. We thought it could have used some seasoning as it was a bit bland.
This quick meal is thick and creamy. The kids gave it thumbs up all around the table. Made for *Bargain Basement 2010* game