Recipe by BakinBaby
This is from Taste of Home. The dough can be kept in the frig for up to 1 week and 2 months in the freezer. If you freeze the rolls, let them set at room temp for about 5 min before slicing. Be careful not to overmix the dough, it can cause the dough to become tough.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter (softened)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups macadamia nuts (chopped)
- 1 cup coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla together; mix in flour, soda & salt.
- Add in oatmeal, nuts and coconut. Don't overmix, it can cause the cookies to be tough and less tender.
- Roll in plastic wrap making 3 rolls about 2 1/2" in diameter. Chill at least 2 hours.
- Cut in 1/4" slices, bake on greased, or parchment lined cookie sheets at 325 for about 12-15 minute.