A wonderful fragrant chicken. This is a recreation of a meal that I had at a restaurant.
Make and share this Macadamia Chicken With Orange Frangelico Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2⁄3 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup Frangelico or 1⁄4 cup hazelnut syrup
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained and reserve juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine nuts and panko bread crumbs.
- Dredge chicken in flour, dip in beaten egg, coat with nut mixture and chill for 1/2 hour.
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil and butter and saute chicken over medium heat for 10-12 minutes turning once.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Pour chicken broth, orange juice, frangelico, and reserved mandarin juice into pan and heat until boiling.
- Cook until sauce is reduced by 1/3. Blend in the butter, 1 tablespoons at a time, until sauce thickens.
- Add mandarin oranges and heat through, 2-3 minutes.
- Pour over chicken and serve.