Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
7 points/serving! Recipe source: WW Magazine
- 8 ounces whole wheat macaroni
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups nonfat milk (I use 1% milk, add a point or so to meal)
- 2 1⁄3 cups fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain; rinse.
- Meanwhile make sauce by heating oil in a large pan over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook whisking for a few minutes.
- Whisk in milk until smooth, increase heat to high and bring to a boil; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat and whisk in 2 cups cheese, salt and pepper until cheese melts.
- Stir in pasta.
- Pour into six individual serving dishes or 1 (2 quart) casserole and sprinkle remaining cheese over dishes or casserole.
- Bake individual dishes for 15 minutes or larger casserole for 25-30 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
This was easy to make and could easily be adjusted for 1 person. Not sure if I would make again but if I do I will use cornstarch instead of flour. Mine just didn't turn out real smooth and creamy.
The flour made it kinda of grainy. Glad I tried it though. Made for I Recommend Red White & Blue.
Oh ellie, this is such a great recipe! It is creamy, cheesy and delish! YUM!
I used whole spelt spaetzle, reduced the cheese a tad and added some garlic and onion powder to the sauce. Such a great keeper, Ill make this one again for sure!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing it here with us!
Made and reviewed for Newest Zaar Tag February 2011.