1/2 Photos of Luscious Lemon Cake
If you love lemon, then you will love this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven, lightly grease and line the base of an 18cm/7 inch square cake pan with baking paper.
- 2Cream butter and sugar together until soft and fluffy.
- 3Beat eggs then gradually add a little of this egg mixture to the butter mixture, add 1 tablespoon of flour after each addition of the egg mixture.
- 4Add in the zest/grind from 1 lemon to the butter mixture.
- 5Beat until smooth.
- 6Squeeze the juice from the same lemon into the mixture (make sure the seeds did not get in!) and blend well with the rest of the batter before pouring it into the pan and smoothing the surface of the batter.
- 7Grate the remaining lemon and mix the zest with 2 tablespoons of sugar and set aside.
- 8Squeeze the juice from the second lemon into a small saucepan and add in the rest of the sugar (2 tablespoons) and heat gently while stirring.
- 9When the sugar has melted, simmer the liquid gently for a further 3 minutes until it becomes thick like a syrup.
- 10When the cake is done, remove from oven and using a toothpick (for smaller holes, you can use a fork if you like), poke the cake all over so that it is covered with tiny holes.
- 11Sprinkle the lemon zest+sugar mixture evenly over the surface of the cake and drizzle the lemon syrup onto the cake.
- 12Let the cake cool in the pan then cut into squares.
- 13And lastly ENJOY.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luscious Lemon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.8
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.6 mg
- Sodium 124.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 1.5 g