Luscious Lemon Cake
This is the lightest, most moist cake! And delicious, too! I always get requests for it, and the recipe. You can change the flavors of the cake, the Jell-O, and the pudding, too! How about a blue Jell-O cake, and vanilla pudding in the fosting, tinted with pink with food coloring for a baby shower? And with sugar free Jell-O's and Lite Cool Whip, not much guilt eating it, either!
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (1/3 ounce) boxes sugar-free lemon Jell-O powder
LEMON FLUFF FROSTING INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup cold skim milk
- 1 (1 ounce) box sugar-free instant lemon pudding (4 serving)
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Free
- Prepare the cake mix according to the box, and bake as directed in 2 round pans.
- Remove from the pans to cool.
- Put the cakes back in pans, and poke cakes all over with a fork.
- Mix the boiling water with the Jell-O until dissolved.
- Pour half over each layer, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- TO MAKE THE FROSTING: Pour milk into a bowl.
- Add pudding mix and powdered sugar.
- Blend with a wire whisk.
- Stir in the Cool Whip until completely combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To frost, dip one cake pan in hot water for about 10 seconds.
- Unmold it onto serving plate.
- Spread with about 1 cup of frosting.
- Top with second layer, then frost top and sides of cake.
- Keep cake refrigerated until ready to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Excellent! This cake was a true winner! It will be made oftne in my house. My husband requested a lemon cake for his 30th birthday and he thought it was great!! Thanks for a keeper. I just wanted to add that I just made the cake again for his 32nd birthday. What a delicious recipe. This cake is superb. I hope folks will try it. Ten Stars!!!!