Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I LOVE mashed potatoes so had to find a way to help with my "addiction"
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 large baking potato
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules (may substitute 1/2 teaspoon salt) or 1⁄8 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule (may substitute 1/2 teaspoon salt)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 green onions, with greens
- 1 tablespoon butter (or butter buds)
- 1⁄4 cup Cremora
- low-fat milk, if needed to make desired consistency
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chives
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- Clean cauliflower.
- Steam or microwave cauliflower until well done.
- Peel and boil potatoes.
- In a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, puree the hot cauliflower, potato, with the cream cheese, garlic, chicken base, onion and pepper, onions and butter until smooth.
- Add milk as needed.
- Garnish with chives,bacon bits and serve hot with butter or butter substitute.
- Hint: Try roasting the garlic and adding a little fresh rosemary for a whole new taste.