Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Trying to come up with low Glycemic index bars for people with Diabetes and those who have gone through bariatric surgery.
- 2 cups roasted soybeans (soy nuts)
- 1⁄2 cup almond flour
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate whey protein powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Perheat oven to 330 deg.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add chocolate chips, egg whites, vanilla, honey, water and mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Pour mix into a greased 9X13 baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- The almond flour tendo to brown quicker, hense the lower temperature You may need to add more time upon checking.
- Cool and cut into 2 oz. bars (you should be able to get 12 bars).
- makes 12, 2oz. bars.