Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Scrambled eggs on toast was one of my favourite breakfasts but it needed some tweaking to make it low fat and low GI. I have stated granary bread in the recipe I usually use Bergen linseed bread or High fibre seeded bagels (1/2 only) but Rye bread works very well too. The eggs are creamy and moist without having lots of butter in or being undercooked.
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
- 1 slice grain bread (granary bread)
- Toast the granary bread to your desired browness.
- In a sauce pan heat the butter until foamy.
- Whisk the eggs with a fork to combine and then place in pan.
- Stir the eggs until just setting and then add the cream cheese.
- Continue to stir until the eggs have a porridge consistency.
- Serve over the dry toast.
I made 2 serves for the DM and myself serving with wholemeal/wholegrain toast and Tennessee Mountaintop Bacon by loof. I personally found it a bit too rich even though I used a very low fat cream cheese but the DM thought it was really great so for me I would cut back on the cream cheese by half and I think then it would suit me better. Thank you PinkCherryBlossom, made for Bargain Basement.