Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A lower fat version of the classic. Cooking time does not include baking a potato
- 1 large baked potato
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon light margarine
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- salt and pepper
- Cut baked potato in half lenghtwise and scoop out flesh--leaving a 1/4 in border.
- Mash potato with all ingredients except paprika until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon mixture into reserved potato skins.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 about 25 minutes until hot and golden brown on top.
Thanks so much!! I am watching fat and cholesterol and needed something with FLAVOR!! This has it. I made recipe with fat free sour cream and fat free cream cheese and fat free cheddar, but otherwise didn't change anything else. It is great!!
Very easy to prepare and they tasted yummy! I baked 3 potatoes so that we have leftovers. I suspect they will be good the 2nd time around as well. I added garlic to the mixture and omitted the margarine and salt. I also used mozzarella because that's what was on hand. Husband said OK to make again, so this recipe has passed the test! Thanks much.
These are FANTASTIC! We omitted the bacon bits and used regular onion in lieu of the chives. We also froze these (fully assembled but without final cooking). Heated up in 30 minutes (from fully frozen state) in the oven for a quick, easy side. Delicious, healthy, quick option!