Delicious Twice-Baked Potatoes
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Bake the potatoes for about 1 hour, or until soft; cool slightly.
- Cut off the tops of the potatoes, spoon out the pulp, discard the tops.
- Scoop out the pulp from the potatoes, leaving about 1/4-inch of potato around the skin.
- Place the pulp in a mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan (or the microwave) combine milk and butter, heat just until the butter has melted and the milk is warm.
- Pour the milk/butter mixture over the potato pulp; beat until very smooth (I use a stand mixer for this).
- Add in egg and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, chopped green onions and a pinch of nutmeg; mix well to combine, season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the potato shells with the mixture.
- Sprinkle about 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Place the potatoes on a well greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven, sprinkle with cheddar cheese and place back in the oven for 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- *NOTE* use only 1 egg for a doubled recipe, do not use 2 eggs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!