Ultimate Twice Baked Potatoes
photo by AZPARZYCH
- Ready In:
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup light sour cream (do not use fat free)
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese, divided (do not use fat free though it does not melt well)
- 6 green onions, chopped divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Wrap potatoes in foil& bake in preheated oven for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, crumble and set aside.
- When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl; save skins.
- To the potato flesh add sour cream, milk, margarine, salt, pepper,garlic powder, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 the green onions.
- Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy.
- Spoon the mixture into the potato skins.
- Top each with remaining cheese, green onions and bacon.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am happily married to my best friend and we just bought our first house! No kids but we have 2 little dogs that we think the world of. I was born in California and although I have been on the East Coast for most of my life I am still displaced! I love the beach and hate the cold! In our free time we love to go to the beach or the mountains and hike or intertube down the lazy Shenendoah River. It is so beautiful there! I have loved to cook all of my life and will read cookbooks like they are novels! Participation & Awards: These are some of the fun games and clubs here at Zaar. <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/berriesblinkie.gif" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif"> <img src="http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/akplongmeadow/ZWT3b.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">