Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The taste of the real thing without the butter & milk. I wanted something different than baked or boiled potatoes without added fat & calories.
- 6 potatoes, peeled & sliced
- 2 onions, sliced & separated into rings
- 1 can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Put everything into caserole dish.
- Cover with foil& bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Uncover& bake 15 minutes longer.
This worked pretty well for us tonight. I did add some mushrooms and even sprinkled a little low fat cheese over top. So, it was used more as a base of a recipe than following it exactly but the results were tasty and very filling.
Great recipe, especially for the South Beach Diet. I used small new red potatoes, and added some sliced mushrooms with the onions. They were very good. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
This was easy to make. I made it ahead of time and then reheated it when needed. A bit of a different scalloped potato.