Recipe by AprilShowers
This is a recipe that I enjoy when I just want to make a treat for myself but don't want the high calories and fat or the leftovers. I think they are really good, but don't expect them to taste like regular full-fat brownies! I'm mainly posting to get the nutrition facts, but I hope some of you out there will enjoy them as much as I do!
Top Review by Lori Mama
I was intrigued by this recipe. My husband likes anything that has the raspberry/chocolate combination. We enjoyed this recipe, however, I will add a bit more sugar the next time, as we found it not sweet enough. Very moist and the perfect serving size for 2 people. :)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; Grease a loaf pan or other small baking pan of similar size.
- Combine frist 3 ingredients in small bowl.
- Combine next 5 ingredients in separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and fold in raspberries.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until done. Serve warm!