Recipe by Kelly Green
In my quest to make a pizza that is yummy and lower in fat, I came up with this. I can't wait to gome home today and eat the leftovers!
Top Review by Derf
YUMMY!! This was wonderful pizza, low fat or not!! The only thing I did different was to add some low fat cheddar on the top, everything else was exactly as the recipe called for; it was delicious and gooey, thanks for sharing a good one we will be making it again!
- 1 pizza crust (your choice of homemade, Boboli, from a tube...)
- 1 cup prepared pizza sauce
- 3 links sweet Italian turkey sausage
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425. Prepare your pizza crust in whatever way you prefer and prebake on a greased pan for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, saute the turkey sausage links in skillet until done. Cool briefly and dice into chunks.
- Spread pizza sauce over crust, top with sausage chunks, sliced pepper rings, mushrooms and mozzarella.
- Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.