Recipe by LexingtonMom
This is pretty good for a lowfat casserole. It has to set overnight for best results, so it is a handy make-ahead dish.
- 12 ounces medium noodles
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 12 ounces low fat cottage cheese
- 8 ounces light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons italian seasoning (Mrs. Dash)
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain noodles. Chop onions and pepper.
- In medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, onions and green pepper.
- Spray 13x9 pan with non-stick spray. Layer half of noodles in bottom of pan. Spread all of cheese mixture over noodles. Top with remaining noodles.
- Pour tomato sauce and diced tomatoes over top. Sprinkle liberally with seasonings. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes to an hour at 350 degrees.