1/1 Photo of Low-Fat "cream" of Tomato Soup
This is a easy low cal dinner. With a grilled cheese (light butter and light or fat-free cheese) and a salad round out the meal. Freezes excellently. Makes a big batch and can easily be doubled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a Dutch oven, over medium heat, saute onions in butter until translucent.
- 2Remove from the heat.
- 3Stir in the flour so that no lumps remain, then slowly whisk in the tomato juice and evaporated milk.
- 4Return to the heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Cook until just boiling add cream cheese and whisk until smooth.
- 6Serve immediately.
- 7Or cool completely and freeze in rigid containers.
- 8To reheat: Thaw in fridge and warm in microwave or on stoptop.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat "cream" of Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.4
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 8.6 mg
- Sodium 542.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 6.9 g