Top Review by rysharen
Made this tonight and it's good but kind of bland. I even added some Red Pepper Flakes to spice it up. It's filling definitely but the taste was just kind of bland to me. Maybe next time I'll have 2 garlic cloves chopped instead of the Red pepper Flakes. I gave 3 stars for it being filling but maybe I did something wrong because it had little taste to me.
- 1 cup small shell pasta (or other small pasta)
- 3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 (6 ounce) can clams, drained
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta according to package directions and drain. Rinse pasta under cold water to cool.
- Combine 2 1/2 cups milk, vegetables, thyme, paprika and pasta in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup milk and cornstarch and mix until cornstarch dissolves.
- Stir cornstarch into soup and return to simmer.
- Add clams and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and cracked black pepper.