Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made these for our Super Bowl feast this year. They turned out delicious & crispy with lots of flavour. So, I wanted to share... Enjoy!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken
- 2 large egg whites
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- Pam cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice chicken breast into long strips, about one inch wide.
- Beat egg whites with a fork in a medium bowl.
- Add chicken strips and stir until thoroughly coated.
- Combine spices& corn flakes in a small bowl.
- Dump onto a plate or shallow baking pan.
- Coat chicken on both sides with corn flake mixture.
- Place on baking sheet lightly greased with Pam cooking spray.
- Once all chicken has been coated& placed on pan, spray lightly with Pam.
- (This makes the chicken dippers even crispier.) Bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip dippers.
- Bake for 10 minutes on other side or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with plum or bbq sauce.
My daughter can only eat 15g fat a day per her doctor, she has type 1 diabetes and is 14 years old. She LOVED this! The only thing is, the corn flakes didnt stick to the chicken that well, but still, it was delish!! I will definetly make this again!
I've never used cornflakes for a coating before, but it turned out very good. Defintely needs to be dipped into either ketchup or bbq sauce. I can see why they went over big for Super Bowl.
Not bad. Next time I make these I want to maybe marinade them overnight in something to make them more flavorful.