Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so easy to do! Healthy and nutritious too! Flavour is only limited by you! I hope you try and like it too!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄2 pints vegetable stock
- 1 lb carrot
- 8 ounces potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 4 ounces cashews
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons coriander
- ROUGH CUT carrots, onion and potato (can peel the skin).
- In large pot, heat the pot, then add 3 Tablespoons vegetable stock.
- ADD carrots, onion and potatoes and stir fry for about 5 minutes (until onion is soft).
- Add 1 1/2 pints vegetable stock and cover for 25 minutes.
- Place cashews in dry frypan; constantly stirring until slightly brown.
- ALLOW soup and cashews to cool and place both through a food processor or blender.
- NOTE: If you want to add black pepper, nutmeg or prepared hot sauce, free free to do; Just remember the soup is healthy for YOU!
This is actually VEGAN! No animal based ingredients! So great! Perfectly good for a vegan diet too, as the cashews provide protein. I think it would be even better, with the addition of parsley & fresh chives or onion tops. I like using onion tops rather than the onion bulbs. The taste is milder, and the green color adds color to dishes.
Love this! Coincidentally, I'd just invented and posted a recipe for cashew-carrot hummus. The flavors of these two ingredients are so tasty together. A keeper!
So simple to make- so healthy! So yummy! I love it! All I have to do is learn not to burn the cashews :-) I am a cilantro fan so I loved that addition. Also, 4 oz of cashews by weight seemed like a huge amount, so I assumed it to be 1/2 cup. That worked very well. Thanks for this one!