Chef #393260's Note:
This soup has been created in Thailand, where cooking is often done with a lot of fat - I have created this recipe to teach my cook, as they have no concept of low-fat cooking. You can of course use freshly made chicken stock instead of stock cubes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 2 medium sized onions, chopped
- 325 g tomatoes
- 6 medium sized carrots, peeled & chopped
- 1 liter boiling water
- 2 chicken stock cubes, blended in the boiling water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground coriander
- salt and black pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh coriander (parsley & chives)
- low-fat yogurt, for presentation
- 1Spray a little oil into base of stock pot (although you can dry-fry the onions).
- 2Add the onions and gently cook for a few miniutes.
- 3Add the ground coriander and gently stir this in, cook for a further minute.
- 4Stir in the tomatoes & carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
- 5Add the chicken stock and plenty of black pepper, according to taste.
- 6Simmer for 25 minutes with the lid on.
- 7Put the soup through a blender, blend to preferred consistency.
- 8Add the coriander (parsley & chives if no coriander is to be found)near the end of the process, so that the leaves are roughly chopped.
- 9Reheat and season to taste.
- 10Serve in bowls and swirl in the low fat cream for presentation purposes only.
- 11Serve with warm crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Carrot & Coriander Soup
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 57.7
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 434.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 1.8 g