Recipe by inekecook
This soup has been created in Thailand, where cooking is often done with a lot of fat - I have created this recipe to teach my cook, as they have no concept of low-fat cooking. You can of course use freshly made chicken stock instead of stock cubes
Top Review by oznog
very good soup, and easy to make, I skipped the chicken stock and tomatooes added a bit of garam masala and maybe a bit too much pepper, but its still good, a bit spicy which is nice with the sweetness of the carrot. Excellent low-cal winter soup!
- cooking spray
- 2 medium sized onions, chopped
- 325 g tomatoes
- 6 medium sized carrots, peeled & chopped
- 1 liter boiling water
- 2 chicken stock cubes, blended in the boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground coriander
- salt and black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup fresh coriander (parsley & chives)
- low-fat yogurt, for presentation
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a little oil into base of stock pot (although you can dry-fry the onions).
- Add the onions and gently cook for a few miniutes.
- Add the ground coriander and gently stir this in, cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes & carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and plenty of black pepper, according to taste.
- Simmer for 25 minutes with the lid on.
- Put the soup through a blender, blend to preferred consistency.
- Add the coriander (parsley & chives if no coriander is to be found)near the end of the process, so that the leaves are roughly chopped.
- Reheat and season to taste.
- Serve in bowls and swirl in the low fat cream for presentation purposes only.
- Serve with warm crusty bread.