Lemon & Coriander Soup
photo by rashu0329
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup cabbage (shredded )
- 1⁄2 carrot (diced in small pieces)
- 1⁄4 cup onion (diced in small pieces)
- 1⁄4 cup peas
- 2 tablespoons potatoes, small (diced in small pieces)
- 2 tablespoons capsicums (cut in fine pieces)
- 2 tablespoons red peppers (cut in fine pieces)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (crushed)
- 1 lemon
1 bunch Coriander with fresh thin stems
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried basil (dry)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Keep water to boil in big saucepan.
- Go on adding vegetable. I add according to the cook time the vegetables take. Add onions, potato and carrots. let it cook for 2 minutes then add rest of the vegetables except coriander.
- Chop little coriander ( 2 tablespoon) and add to the soup. Take the remaining coriander leaves with stems in blender and blend it in smooth paste, Add this paste to the soup.
- Add salt, black pepper powder, dry basil leaves and finely cut parsley. Stir well. Let it cook. Grate the lemon zest and add to the soup. Now squeeze the lemon and add the juice.
- In a small bowl mix take 3 tablespoon cold water and mix the corn flour nicely till it becomes smooth paste. Add this paste slowly stirring continuously so as to avoid lump formation.
- Let it cook for another minute.
- The soup is ready to serve. Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love cooking, baking and doodling. I love trying new recipes. My sister was a great cook too, but she never wrote down her recipes. That's why trying to pen some of my recipes.